Information Collection and Use
The American Anti-Slavery Group collects personally identifiable information about you when you register to join the Freedom Action Network or when you participate in our campaigns. We ask for your name, email address, physical address, postal code, and phone number. Once you join the Freedom Action Network, you are not anonymous to us.
The American Anti-Slavery Group also automatically receives and records information in our server logs which is sent by your Web browser, including your IP address and the page you requested. The American Anti-Slavery Group uses this information for three general purposes:
- To customize the content you see
- To fulfill your requests for certain services
- To contact you about our ongoing activities
Information Sharing and Disclosure
The American Anti-Slavery Group will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone. We may send personally identifiable information about you to other organizations or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information (e.g. when you explicity add your address to an online campaign).
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of the American Anti-Slavery Group to provide a service to you. Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders and legal process.
The American Anti-Slavery Group may set and access iAbolish cookies on your computer. These cookies allow us to recognize you when you return to iAbolish so that we can conveniently access your customized content. iAbolish cookies are not used to store personally identifiable information.
We may also analyze our server logs in order to better understand the way our visitors use our Web site in an effort to improve our service.
You may cancel your Freedom Action Network account by contacting us and requesting account termination. You must provide your full name, physical address, and e-mail address in order for us to verify your identity and terminate your account.
Your Freedom Action Network account is password-protected for your privacy and security. In certain areas, iAbolish uses industry-standard SSL encryption to protect data transmission.
The American Anti-Slavery Group may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information we will notify you by posting an announcement on our Web site.