Learn how a nonprofit works from the inside while fighting for human rights for millions around the world! AASG interns will work closely with staff to manage the day-to-day procedures of this dynamic organization while gaining invaluable experience in operations and communications. In the process, interns will learn how to use new systems and cultivate communication and organizational skills—both essential to any career.
We are currently accepting applications for Fall 2009. Please feel free to apply for a winter or spring internship. See below for more information.
Internships are defined around our four areas of programming: Awareness, Activism, Advocacy and Aid. Areas of focus and potential projects/responsibilities are:
- Help coordinate speaking engagements for survivors of slavery and AASG staff members
- Promote Enslaved
- Develop/update promotional materials
- Help write and send our weekly e-newsletter
- Manage/create material for iAbolish.org
- Develop and implement volunteer opportunities
- Volunteer recruitment and training
- Outreach to increase AASG’s involvement with other human right organizations
- Develop and implement advocacy campaigns
- Maintain AASG’s active presence in human rights blogs
- Design and create marketing materials
- Update and write website content
- Research and write grants
- Help produce annual reports and semiannual newsletter
- Produce reports on direct aid projects
We seek highly motivated self-starters who are committed to human rights issues. The qualified applicant is able to work independently and has basic computer skills, including proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet software. Experience using Adobe Creative Suite and/or basic web design (HTML and CSS) is a plus, but not required. Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must.
To apply, send us an e-mail at email@example.com with your résumé and cover letter. Please include the dates you are available and your areas of interest in your cover letter. Applications are considered on a rolling basis.